This blog has moved! Click here for the new blog.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shirt Remake

Again it seems nothing is going on here, but I'm actually working at multiple things at a time, which means nothing gets finished... So let me show you this remake I did.
I've had this shirt for some time now, but I've always found it a bit weird. I bought it in a sale because I liked the fabric so much, but this super-deep clevage? I don't know. It looks allright in this pic, but when I move around it slides to the sides, and then it looks even weirder. So this was issue nr.1. Issue nr. 2 is that because I bought it about two years ago, it's getting thinner at some places, especially high at the back.


First I wanted to pin together the bottom of the clevage, but there just wasn't enough fabric. Then I figured I could deal with both issues if I took the shirt in at the top - it places the clevage higher and I could cut out the thin fabric. This was also an option because of the big kimono sleeves.


It worked out pretty well, I left the bias intact to make a nice hem on the adjustments. I increased the length of the neck seam, so I could do something I wanted to try for a very long time: wear it backwards!

These changes might not be very big, but they can really make the difference. In this case it's the difference between wearing it and feeling a bit weird, and loving it and even having different ways to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, whether it's positive or constructive critisicm! If you're commenting on an old post I'll have to moderate it, so don't worry if it doesn't immediately show. Thanks!